Small Animal Veterinary Surgery Albuquerque
Just like humans, your animal friend may require surgery for any number of issues. The convenient small animal veterinary surgery that Albuquerque pet owners rely on is available at Petroglyph Animal Hospital. Our medical team knows how scary the prospect of surgery can be for pet parents, and we’re here to guide you and make sure your pet gets the very best treatment possible before, during, and after their surgical procedure.
Caring for your small animal takes patience and discipline. Since each of these pets requires special nutrition, socialization, and habitats, it’s important that you learn how to properly care for your furry friend. Here are a few tips from the Humane Society for responsibly caring for two common house pets – rabbits and ferrets.
- Hay is the most important food for a rabbit. Always check the safety of other foods with a vet to prevent rabbit sickness.
- Keep their cage indoors, away from extreme heat. Include a “hidey-hut” in their cage so that they can feel safe. Line the floor of wire cages with newspaper; their limbs can get stuck and cause serious injuries.
- Rabbits can break their own backs if they struggle when being handled. Put a rabbit down close to the ground so they do not injure themselves.
- If your rabbit suddenly changes their eating patterns, they may require immediate veterinary attention.
- Avoid feeding ferrets vegetables because they can cause gastrointestinal problems.
- Cages should be away from direct sunlight and kept in a cool and shady area.
- Avoid using clumping litter in their boxes as it may irritate their eyes and cause breathing problems.
- All ferrets should be handled gently because they have fragile skeletons. Support their body with two hands and never pick them up by the tail.
For more tips on caring for your guinea pigs, chinchillas or other small animals, call Petroglyph Animal Hospital and speak with our helpful staff.
Small Animal Veterinary Surgery
If you believe your furry friend has suffered an injury or if their behavior is abnormal, don’t wait. Contact a specialist at Petroglyph Animal Hospital immediately and let us diagnose your pet’s issue. We’re fully equipped to heal several major and minor injuries. If your pet has sustained a serious injury, trust Petroglyph Animal Hospital, the small animal veterinary surgery Albuquerque pet owners have relied on for decades.