Emergency Vet Albuquerque
The emergency vet Albuquerque pet owners have relied on for over 20 years is available at Petroglyph Animal Hospital. We have trained staff ready to provide immediate medical assistance to your pet until 10pm seven days a week, and on most holidays.
Signs of a Pet Emergency
Medical emergencies can occur at any time. Unfortunately, your pet may not openly communicate the extent of their pain or discomfort. Here are a few warning signs that your pet needs immediate attention, courtesy of the American Animal Hospital Association.
Call or visit Petroglyph Animal Hospital if…
- Your pet has stopped breathing or if their heartbeat is absent.
- Your pet will not wake up.
- Your pet has blood in their urine or stool.
- Your pet shows signs of extreme pain.
- Your pet has potentially ingested something toxic.
- Your pet’s stomach is bloated.
- Your pet cannot stand up or is disoriented.
- Your pet is displaying signs of heat stroke, a seizure or broken bones.
- Your pet is bleeding from a wound, their eyes, nose or mouth.
- Your pet’s behavior, including eating habits, has suddenly changed.
When in doubt, always call a licensed vet if you suspect your pet is having a medical emergency. Failing to act in a timely manner can result in further damage or the potential death of the animal.
Your pet’s health is our priority. Our state of the art facility is equipped with the resources necessary to help your pet recover from their emergency health issue. Don’t wait to seek out help. Our trained staff is available on-site and over the phone 364 days a year. If you believe your pet’s health is in jeopardy, let Petroglyph Animal Hospital provide your animal with the emergency vet care Albuquerque families have relied on for decades.